Join us this kiwifruit season!
We're always looking for new faces to join our fun loving, hardworking teams in Te Puke, Katikati, Edgecumbe and Opotiki.
We are committed to our people and the size and growth of our operation. This means we can offer excellent career paths for talented people with great attitudes!
Our seasonal jobs usually start around the 10 March and finish around the 10 June. There are opportunities for reliable seasonal workers to continue working until November.
Successful applicants will receive comprehensive training by our experienced leaders on safety practices and the use of our state of the art technology.
During the packing season, most sites run a day shift and a night shift. Sites aim to provide one day off per week.
The following is a snapshot of some of our seasonal roles:
- Forklift Operators
- Line Managers and 2ICs
- Quality Controllers
- Bin-tip Operators
- Data Processing Staff
- Tray Preps
For our current permanent role vacancies, please click here.
To apply, you will need:
- To be eligible to work in New Zealand (i.e. NZ Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa or Student Visa);
- Proof of identity (i.e. passport, photo driver’s license, or other photo ID);
- An Inland Revenue (IRD) number;
- A New Zealand bank account number.
We operate a casual staff pool during our MainPack season – so if you’re only able to work on weekends or certain days of the week – come and join our casual staff pool!
Working in New Zealand
- New Zealand/Australian Citizens and NZ Permanent Residents are allowed to work for any employer (and any industry) within New Zealand.
- NZ Work Permit/Work Visa holders - Please note that the work permit/visa will require you to meet the conditions endorsed on the visa by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
- International Students - Your student visa conditions may allow you to work for a certain number of hours within a week or during your holiday break, we might be able to arrange a job for you in our casual pool for the number of hours you can work as permitted by the New Zealand Immigration Services.
- Working Holiday Visa holders - The Working Holiday Scheme offers an opportunity for young people between 18 and 30 years of age to experience life in New Zealand on a working holiday. This scheme will allow you to work for EastPack for the entire fruit season and for some people there will be the opportunity to extend this period even further. Please note that you will need to apply for this type of visa while you are still in your own country.
For more information on the Working Holiday Scheme and to check if you are eligible, please click - Eligible Countries for Working Holiday Visa